Sunday 18 March 2012

The Great Ocean Road and the Melbourne Zoo

So the Great Ocean Road is the giant road built by WWI veterans and it's a giant war memorial. It's pretty narrow and there was always a feeling of impending death with every corner. Worth it though, go see it.

This looks like the beginning of a Just For Men: Touch of Grey ad.










A wild koala. They're as lazy as the rumours dictate. Can't tell you how vicious they are because I'm not stupid enough to find out.






Context; the light is shining into the hollowed out inside of a redwood.


The 12 Apostles


Island Archway (it collapsed so it's more like Island Rocks Close to Shore in the Ocean)










The zoo. I didn't get as many as I'd liked because I hate people and they were everywhere. Standing in prime locations with their backs to the exhibits, getting in my way, staring at the same animal for way too long, kids pushing past me so they could exhale their disgusting hot dog and juice breath all over the glass.

So far the first and only living kangaroo I've seen in this country has been in a zoo.






I'm not sure what this is, but they had some fake Vietnam exhibit so I took a photo of what is either the most racist representation of an Vietnamese person they could think of on short notice, or a scarecrow. I'm going to go with both; a racist scarecrow.










This penguin was like "I'm not sure if I should go..." and the others were all "just do it, bro." Human commentary on animals, how quirky!




No comments:

Post a Comment