Thursday 22 March 2012

The Grampians. Halls Gap, a small, expensive town full of weirdos and over confident cockatoos

I missed my train originally which was sort of funny. I really thought I was taking a bus but no...it was a train. By the time I asked somebody why my "bus" was late, they informed me that it was infact a train and it left 10 minutes ago followed by that look that silently screams "you're too dumb to live." I got that look on 3 seperate occassions trying to find an alternate route. I made it though, jokes on them.

Ok anyway. The Grampian National Park is...a park. A national one. It's about 3 hours west of Melbourne, and 2 hours directly north of Warrnambool, on the coast. It's full of animals and trees. I'll get photos of the animals later, for now it'll just be the hiking and what not. Side note: less mouth breathers here, except for my hostel roommate but...that's a story for another time.

The train ride here








(this is the town I'm in)


This is a stick. It's art. Look at how much art this is.






Our escape path;




Frothy water


1 comment:

  1. Nice photos. You might like this cartoon about "doing it later". http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/cartoon_23.html

    ReplyDelete