Tuesday 26 June 2012

One month and several places

Hi. Remember when I had a blog? Me too. I guess I should do an update. To be fair, I have really good excuses so don't even worry about it.

I'll start where I left off. Koh Phangan. It was nearly a month ago that I was there. Yeesh.

The Shambhala Resort. It was awesome except for the rat that kept eating my garbage. And my clothes! Chewed holes in my hoodie and my only collared shirt. I hope those oreos gave you indigestion, rat.

Untitled

Storm
Untitled

My bungalow!
Untitled

My bed.
Untitled

Ok fast forward several days. BAM! I'm in Cairns. I have one photo of Cairns. Why? Because the city itself is unremarkable. But why not photograph the reef, and the amazing ocean you might ask? Because shut up. I'm just kidding. Mostly because the ocean and scenery looks similar to Thailand. You have to see it for yourself, pictures are just bland. As for the reef itself; I didn't rent an underwater camera because it was like $45, and luckily I didn't because it was disappointing. Not very many colours and probably 10 different fish types. I touched a giant clam though. That's not a euphamism.

Suddenly, I'm in Brisbane. I can't find the photos of the city itself for some reason (I know, terrible photo blog.) So all I've got are shots of the zoo. Don't go to the zoo. Unless you recently won the lottery or you're willing to mug people out front. $60 entry fee plus it's far as hell from the city so travel costs. I mean, it was cool but not worth the price. Although the animal care was pretty top notch. Not like the Calgary Zoo that gets excited for every day an animal hasn't died a horrible death.

Oh, it rained so I don't have a ton of photos.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

These demon birds are everywhere and they look like the plague doctors. I swear they sow nightmares, harvest souls and reap the remaining sanity. Or eat garbage. I mostly see them eating garbage.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I guess kangaroos eat their tails for fun.
Untitled

BAM! That was Brisbane. From there I went to Port Macquarrie for a few days to visit a good pal I met in Perth. HEY DAYNE! Had some good times. The hostel was pretty much empty and I guess they never got the memo that hostels should have at least one couch because the entire place was just lawn chairs.

After that, I was Sydney bound.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I just realized I have a bunch of photos on my other memory card. I bet that's where the Brisbane ones are. I'll have to do a misc. photo post after this. WHOOPS!

Because now these photos are from Tasmania. Hobart, to be exact. The MONA art museum to be even more exact. Awesome museum. Definitely the weirdest one I've been to, but for all the right reasons. Exhibit of porcelain vaginas? Check. Wall of TV's filled with people singing Madonna badly at you? Check. Remains Palestinian suicide bomber sculpted in chocolate? Yep. You get the idea. Worth every penny though. They give you an iPod touch and headphones to scan for information on each piece. The future is noooowwww.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

This next machine simulates cloacas. A cloaca is a birds asshole. This machine eats and shits because art. Unfortunately the bird proctologists were busy repairing the artificial anuses the day we went.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

A jukebox with peoples funeral songs.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Suicide machine
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

These were steps that lead to a sarcophagus. The black is water, filled with what I assume to be the snake things from Prometheus.
Untitled

Mt. Field National Park, Tasmania. WATERFALLS! They're cool. I'll close with them and update again in like 2 months. Enjoy the green vibes.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

By far my favourite picture.
Untitled

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brandon!
    It sounds like you are having an amazing trip. I love reading your blog and checking out your incredible photos. Hope all is well.
    Take care,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete