Sunday 6 May 2012

Bangkok/Ayutthaya - Thailand

Alright. So getting to Thailand was a pain in the ass. But I made it. That's the important part. I spent one night in Bangkok before grabbing a train to the tourist town of Ayutthaya. It's the former capital of Siam or something. Full of temples and smells. It almost smells as bad as Toronto.

Bangkok train station. They have photos of their king everywhere. If you insult the king, you will go to jail. If you deface any portrayal of the king, you will go to jail. If you step on money with the king on it, you will go to jail. If you fart on the king, you will become the new king.
Untitled

This lady was drunk. She offered Thai whiskey to the couple next to me on the train. She let me take her photo because I guess Im charming.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
These tuk-tuks are unique to Ayutthaya. They look sad.
Untitled
Untitled
Time for GENERIC TEMPLE PHOTOS
A bunch of headless Buddha statues;
Untitled
This one has a head. Anti-comformist, if you ask me.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
I dunno, some boats I guess.
Untitled
Untitled
Aww, some bells! Some kid kept ringing the shit out of all these bells. I was tempted to fight him, but I swore off fighting children. I've been child-beating free for 29 hours and counting! Pray for me.
Untitled
People put money on sticks, and monks put those sticks into garbage bags. I didn't part with my money because I'm saving it for cock fights.
Untitled
Hard to judge the scale here, but this Buddha was tall. As in, probably a good 50 feet tall. Taller than any person should rightfully be, but I'm not here to judge.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Like fishhhh in a barrel. Catfish.
Untitled
These houses are common on the river. And yes, the entire river bank is covered in garbage.
Untitled
Untitled
I don't even...
Untitled
Untitled
I have to have an art photo in every set. Here's this one. You can tell it's art because not only is it black and white, but it's also pointless.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
That's all for now. Tomorrow Im going to Chiang Mai. It's more towards the north and in the jungles. Malaria time!

2 comments: